Secondary Forensic Report
Never in my career have I seen such gross misconduct of evidentiary procedure by the County of Maricopa, Arizona, the investigating police and office of the medical examiner.
Upon investigating this case and the questionable evidence submiitted by the authorities above I shall outline the most obvious inconsistencies.
This Follow up review has been prompted by the additional consultation with two other Forensic specialists.
Reference to previously used photos in my prior reports Part 2 and 3.
PHOTOS DISPLAYED AT BOTTOM OF REPORT
WARNING GRAPHIC FORENSIC CONTENT
* Evidence on pictures that has been photos taken by the M.E
- look at the colour change between the bodies.
- picture #13 the colour of the body is closer to the colour of a body that had been only dead for no more than 24 hours vs. the picture #21.
* Suffocation torture and revival after torture.
* Lack of swollen tongue and eyes.
- proof of age of decomposition max 24 hours.
* Illogical blood splatter pattern.
- deposited deliberately
- blood should be everywhere, including ceiling in front of bathroom sink.
* A .25 caliber gun can only penetrate the cranium when placed behind the ear, angled upward towards brain. This is where the cranial bone is thinnest.
- any other area of the cranium the bullet would not penetrate.
* The breaking of the neck was ritualistic.
- the neck was broken before the throat was slit to minimize blood splatter at their own scene where the kidnapping and ritualistic torture and murder occurred.
- blood was collected post-mortem. Easier for the re-depositing of blood at the staged crime scene.
* Slitting of the throat ritualistic.
- cut by a right handed person from in front of victim.
Jewish Ritual of Sacrifice
Kosher Law: Animal’s throat slit, placed in an environment where no bugs can infest, Hung upside down for drainage & collection.
LACK OF BUGS FOUND ON CORPSE
Not a single bug or bug larvae is reported by the police, forensics team and M.E This is completely illogical for a corpse to have been sitting in his domicile, presence of a dog indoors who goes in and out to the bathroom and humans moving in and out of building.
- Travis Alexander was not killed in his home.
- His body would have after his murder, to be placed in an airtight container for transport to his home for the staging of the crime.
IMPROPER POLICE PROCEDURE FOLLOWED
Every police officer, forensics team member and medical examiners can easily see how this specific case has Never followed the correct PROCEDURE for a crime.
It was as though everyone was acting as like they were doing their jobs. However when examined, it is clear through their prior case records that neither police, forensics team or medical examiner’s office performed their duties as they normally had on any other prior cases and cases thereafter.
Why did the Office of the Medical Examiner not do the following?
- 90% of photos are not taken at the office of the M.E, but at the scene.
- All angles should be represented of the corpse. They were not.
- Where is the video of the crime scene?
- Where is the video of the various autopsy steps? Is there one?
- Many photos are not in focus and poor lighting.
- A fill in of half of the sharp force object cuts with mortician’s putty?
Look at pictures #22, 23, 24 and 25.
Right Hand of Travis Alexander
* Pictures taken at different stages of decomposition.
- M.E states on page 4 that only the left hand has received what appear to be defensive wounds from a sharp force object.
- Normally defensive wounds are sustained bilaterally, (on both sides).
Why are half of the photos submitted by the state in different stages of decomposition of the victim?
Was this an attempt to exaggerate the decomposition and overwhelm a jury with graphic photo’s, having them overlook the different shades and texture of the victim because the M.E has stored the body and taken photo’s at different latter periods of decomposition, while the body is stored in a refrigerated storage unit at the M,E office?
Did the M.E deliberately allow the corpse of Travis Alexander to be aged under controlled conditions so that the pictures taken by them would match the story the State of Arizona has created and to use in their prosecution of the crime?
The right hand shows no evidence of any defensive wounds. This is completely contrary to what happens to victims who are attacked by an assailant with a sharp force object.
- Both the right and left hands, wrists and arms should be cut with defensive wounds, yet they are not.
Bathroom – Blood Splatter Pattern
I have never seen such a “Lack of blood splatter”, at a crime scene. There should have been blood splatter and spraying All in front of the sink due to the alleged slitting of the throat. Spraying should have hit the mirror, the ceiling and All over the floor. The faucets should have blood in the crevice where the faucet joins with the sink/counter top.
There is just enough blood for someone to take notice.
A victim who is being actively pursued will not be leaning over the sink with his hands almost squarely positioned.
This is not the original crime scene.
This is a deliberately positioned crime scene that took time and calculation to methodically deposit blood and the body for detection. Carried out by no less than two people for the transport of the heavy and muscular body of Travis Alexander and the deposit of him in a small space properly, without leaving any normal DNA trace.
- grout which soaks up stains easily is free of blood residue.
- soap and hair gel containers clean of any residue.
- the little statue on counter top was clear of any residue.
- toothbrush: which easily retains dirt and stains is lacking.
X-RAY OF CRANIUM
A) - shows entrance of a projectile entering into the upper part of the forehead on the right side of cranium, above brow.
B) - damage to right side of frontal lobe of brain matter, causing a circular
C) - no line from the entrance of the projectile to inside lower cheek- upper jaw
area of molars.
D) - injury to the area of lower cheek, upper jaw- molar area.
This is what is shown on the X-Ray submitted M.E. A bullet is viewed lodged.
The M.E states that a projectile re-entered the left cheek.
- Why did the M.E not provide an X-Ray showing the left side of Cranium and face?
The X-Ray provided by the M.E suggests that either:
A - the projectile entered into the nasal cavity and performed a U-Turn without causing any significant life threatening damage to the victim.
Then lodged itself in the lower right cheek, which is shown only on an X-Ray
of the right side of the cranium and face of victim.
B - that a projectile entered into the victims lower part of the anterolateral forehead, above the brow and mysteriously re-enters the left cheek, with no sign of the path the projectile took through the brain, cranium and into left cheek.
C - the possibility of two projectiles used. (NOT A BULLET).
D - the .25 caliber fired bullet shown in the X-Ray was simply placed in the area for the X-Ray evidence.
I do not believe that a .25 caliber bullet was shot into the hardest and strongest area of the human cranium, which a .25 caliber is unable to penetrate into.
- this is the area of the head that soccer players use to butt the ball with.
- if this was such a soft area of the cranium, it would not be used for butting a soccer ball with.
- there is no gun powder stippling or gun powder residue found on the corpse.
- this proves that Travis Alexander was not shot by a gun of any type.
As the M.E explains, a .25 caliber gun was shot from a distance of no less than 2.5 feet. If this had been the case, then the bullet would have glanced off the side of Travis Alexander’s skull.
X-RAY OF CERVICAL SPINE (NECK)
- M.E states on pg. #7 of his report that the cervical spine area is structurally intact.
- The hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage is intact.
- No demonstrated hemorrhagic signs.
- Strap and soft tissues of neck are intact.
- The upper airway is traumatized, but intact and patent.
PATENT: Easily recognizable.
The M.E was extremely careful in how this part of the report was worded.
Pictures taken by the Police department, used by the M.E and state, show the body identified as Travis Alexander. Found lying in his shower at his home of residence. The body is positioned at an angle that clearly shows the man’s neck has been broken quite violently. Yet in the M.E report and X-Rays show the contrary.
There is no doubt in my mind, nor that of the 2 other forensic experts consulted with on this case; that the neck of Travis Alexander was indeed broken. As per photo evidence submitted by the M.E and Office of the Prosecutor for the State of Arizona.
The odd bulge shown in M.E photo #29 shows an odd bulge on the posterior side. This is evidence of the neck being broken violently by an inexperienced person(s).
Attempting to fracture a human’s neck is not as easy as portrayed in the media. Pressure would have been placed by a knee on either the side of his head or neck and an additional knee on the shoulder. Because of the size of the victim and his neck, the person(s) breaking the neck of Travis Alexander would of had to of had exceptional upper body and arm strength, with isolated aid to the different half’s of his body for isolation to occur for fracturing of neck, due to his strong muscular neck muscles.
- two people are need for this to occur on victim.
SLITTING OF THE THROAT
When referring to pages in M.E report. I am referring to the Medical Examiner for the County of Maricopa, Arizona. Dr. Kevin D. Horn. M.D
- page 3 of M.E report states that the cut is minimal
- look at pg. 1 of M.E report.
The M.E states on the report that the neck muscles were not damaged. This is a contradiction of latter evidence photo’s submitted and formal M.E report. He testified to as follows:
1. The upper airway was traumatized, yet intact.
2. Strap muscles, soft tissue muscles in neck are intact.
3. Thyroid intact.
If Travis Alexander had his throat slit, as demonstrated in the latter picture. Then he would not have had any three of these items intact.
Look very closely at the pictures side by side and see how small the actual depth of the wound into his neck is.
Look again very closely and compare the space between the cut and the ear in the left photo and then the right photo. The cut has been enlarged on each side approximately 1.5 inches.
The neck of Travis Alexander was cut by the Medical Examiner with a medical dremel. The neck was then opened and pulled back and the subsequent photos used in the trial against Jodi Arias, exaggerating and falsely portraying the non-fatal wound on the neck.
These two last pieces of evidence was thought over very carefully, discussing them at great length with the other forensic experts.
The following statement is not made lightly.
In fact the seriousness of this piece of the evidence is part of the State of Arizona’s formal evidence they have submitted themselves into the case.
Let us examine this last piece of evidence with careful thought.
X-RAY of RIGHT SIDE OF CRANIUM AND FACE OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER
Look at picture #32
X-Ray of right side of skull and face.
It appears that two holes have been made post-mortem.
- an instrument has been inserted up into the cranium, into the frontal lobe
of the brain to remove a circular piece of the brain.
- filled in so that it would cover up the deliberate removal of brain matter.
This was performed to alter the remains of Travis Alexander so that it would show that a projectile had entered into the cranium.
The hole alleged by the M.E in fact is not caused by a projectile, but made post mortem by either a medical instrument or a stiletto.
If indeed Mr. Alexander had been shot by a projectile, he would have been killed.
Even with such an alleged wound, the rate of decomposition alleged by the M.E does not fit with the early photos provided by the M.E office.
Post mortem face of Travis Alexander
Finally I leave you with Picture #33.
Upon re-examining the evidence, this last piece has come to attention.
Pay close attention to the areas A, B and C.
A Alleged Bullet Hole:
- this has been exacted by either a medical instrument or stiletto.
B Hole under right eyebrow:
- covered up by mortician’s putty
C Hole in upper left hand corner of eye, Para mid-line right of nose.
- this has been covered up with a small piece of foil.
These two small holes have been created for the express purpose of creating a hole within the brain to remove the small amount of brain matter in the alleged area where the projectile entered. Because a projectile did not enter into the cranium, above the right eyebrow of Travis Alexander. This was created to make appear that an independent free flowing projectile had.
I challenge any other professional in the field of Forensic Pathology to examine these findings. I welcome your input, even if to the contrary.
Pictures Below #23, 21-33
WARNING GRAPHIC FORENSIC CONTENT
© MissPajamaGirl 2014